In the early 1980s, home video hit the UK, giving anyone who could afford to rent a giant video player the chance to watch movies from the comfort of their own home, regardless of what was on TV.
Remember your video rental store, and the video player in the living room? Those stunning video release posters, or the enticing covers of the seedier, cheaper releases? Recall the first video you watched, or the last one you bought? Christian Cawley, James McLean, and Gareth Kavanagh do, and they’re here to discuss the golden age of home video.
- Blank VHS cassettes photo on Twitter
- Starchaser: The Legend of Orin
- British TV ads from the 1980s and 90s
- First coining of Larry Grayson’s famous catchphrase “Shut that door”
- Star Wars Audio adaptation
- How to Clean a Mouldy VHS Cassette
- HMV’s 2018 VHS range
- C64 VHS backup
Featured image by Tracy the astonishing – The video store on Flickr, CC BY-SA 2.0