On this week’s Kasterborous podKast (with a “K”) we’re discussing the classic era versions of the Master, namely Roger Delgado and Anthony Ainley – plus a little bit of Peter Pratt, Geoffrey Beevers and Eric Roberts!
If you’re a fan of the modern era, though, don’t worry – Professor Yana himself gets a mention, as does the John Simm incarnation,
In fact, we even go the whole hog and cover the Paul Cornell version of the Master – also played by Derek Jacobi – in The Scream of the Shalka!
Listen as we also discuss the recent TARDIS Environmentals news story and the absurd email we received in connection to it, Peter Davison’s 50th anniversary project and our recommendations for this week!
Kasterborous Series 3 Episode 32 Shownotes
- Peter Davison/McCoy/Baker 50th film
- BBC vs TARDIS Environmentals
- TV Movie
- The Deadly Assassin
- The Scream of the Shalka
- Geoffrey Beevers stars in Master from Big Finish
- Anthony Ainley in Destiny of the Doctors
- The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis and Castrovalva in the New Beginnings DVD box set
- The Mind of Evil
- The Sea Devils
- Frontier in Space
- Terror of the Autons mask on eBay
- Enemy of the World audiobook
- The Doctor: His Lives and Times
- An Unearthly Child/The Tribe of Gum
Listen to the PodKast
There are several ways to listen. In addition to the usual player above, we’re pleased to announce that you can also stream the podKast using Stitcher, an award-winning, free mobile app available for Android and iPhone/iPad. This pretty much means that you can listen to us anywhere without downloading – pretty neat, we think you’ll agree! (Note that it can take a few hours after a new podKast is published to “catch up”.)
What’s more, you can now listen and subscribe to the podKast via our Audioboo channel! Head to http://audioboo.fm/channel/doctorwhopodkast and click play to start listening. You can also comment and record your own boos in response to our discussions!
Meanwhile you can use the player below to listen through Audioboo:
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? As well as our new Stitcher and Audioboo presence you can also use one of these amazingly convenient ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast.
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes!
Incidentally, if you are listening on iTunes, please take the time to leave a rating and review and help us to bring in new listeners to the podKast!