Join Christian Cawley, Brian Terranova and James McLean as they disassemble Doctor Who and put it back together again – much like the TARDIS in The Mind Robber, or Frontios if you prefer.
This week, we mull the lack of a real part 3 in rediscovered serial The Web of Fear, the evolution of the Cybermen and how this was influenced by design teams before it became a running theme in the show, and our usual recommendations.
Oh, there’s also a mention of Patrick Troughton’s oil painting ability and some discussion about Life on Mars, the excellent BBC time travel (or was it…?) show that starred Master actor John Simm.
Kasterborous PodKast Series 3 Episode 51 Shownotes
- Life on Mars
- Life on Mars‘ Russian adaptation: The Dark Side of the Moon
- Life on Mars novels on Amazon: “Get Cartwright“
- Mindrobber TARDIS comparisons
- Recommendations: Ripper Street, Copper, Death to the Daleks, Death in Paradise Series 3, Cult Britannia – The Professionals DVD & Blu-ray Series 1 Remasters
- Peter Cushing Facebook Page
- Doctor Who: The Web of Fear DVD
(This week’s podKast closing theme is the Peter Howell arrangement from 1980-1984)
Incidentally, if you are listening on iTunes, please take the time to leave a rating and review and help us to bring in new listeners to the podKast!