This week we had planned to discuss another classic Doctor Who serial that has a mixed reputation. However, as it is just Christian Cawley and James McLean, we decided instead to look at some of the more interesting news items of the past week, such as the nuWho/Big Finish crossover in UNIT: Extinction and the lovely sight of Christopher Eccleston helping out with a Whovian wedding proposal. There was also time to talk about the announceent of the Sixth Doctor’s final adventure as well as the odd communications within the pages of Doctor Who Magazine between Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat.
We finish off with some interesting recommendations. Ready? Click play.
Kasterborous PodKast Series 5 Episode 1 Shownotes
- John Guilor and the Cyberman
- Kate Stewart’s UNIT joins Big Finish
- Forgotten Son by Andy Frankham-Allen
- Kate Stewart introduced in Downtime
- Christopher Eccleston’s decent proposal
- Dalek building guide on Kasterborous
- Sixth Doctor’s final adventure
- RTD & Steven Moffat discuss the Doctor’s marriages
- Recommendations: The Ambassadors of Death, Inside the Tardis: The Worlds of Doctor Who by James Chapman, Blake’s 7 Series 1, Whitechapel Series 1
PodKast introduction by John Guilor. Theme tune by Russell Hugo.
Listen to the PodKast
There are several ways to listen. In addition to the usual player above, we’re pleased to announce that you can also stream the podKast using Stitcher, an award-winning, free mobile app available for Android and iPhone/iPad. This pretty much means that you can listen to us anywhere without downloading – pretty neat, we think you’ll agree! (Note that it can take a few hours after a new podKast is published to “catch up”.)
What’s more, you can now listen and subscribe to the podKast via our Audioboo channel! Head to http://audioboo.fm/channel/doctorwhopodkast and click play to start listening. You can also comment and record your own boos in response to our discussions! Meanwhile you can use the player below to listen through Audioboo:
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? As well as our new Stitcher and Audioboo presence you can also use one of these amazingly convenient ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast.
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes, where your reviews will help the show considerably.