We’ve brought you a lot of features recently about one-time communist Malcolm Hulke, the classic Doctor Who scriptwriter whose career was the subject of a pamphlet, Doctor Who and the Communist, and an event, “An Afternoon with Terrance Dicks”. Well, this is the last portion. The podKast team takes a break this week so that you can listen to Gareth Kavanagh (occasional podKast guest, spiritual co-host and Vworp Vworp! editor) interview the great Uncle Terrance about his friend and colleague Malcolm Hulke.
Without Hulke, Terrance would never have been Doctor Who scriptwriter, then editor, then novelist. He has a lot to say about the man, as you might expect.
The full podKast team will be back next week (we expect!) but until then, make yourself a drink, click play and close your eyes and feel the full atmosphere of Terrance Dicks’ chat about his friend and colleague Malcolm Hulke.
(With big thanks to Gareth Kavanagh)
Kasterborous PodKast Series 5 Episode 14 Shownotes
- Part 1 of the event (last week’s podKast)
- Terrance Dicks Q&A
- Doctor Who and the Communist
- An Afternoon with Terrance Dicks
- Michael Herbert talks to the podKast
Listen to the PodKast
There are several ways to listen. In addition to the usual player above, we’re pleased to announce that you can also stream the podKast using Stitcher, an award-winning, free mobile app available for Android and iPhone/iPad. This pretty much means that you can listen to us anywhere without downloading – pretty neat, we think you’ll agree! (Note that it can take a few hours after a new podKast is published to “catch up”.)
What’s more, you can now listen and subscribe to the podKast via our Audioboom channel (formerly Audioboo)! Head to https://audioboom.com/channel/doctorwhopodkast and click play to start listening. You can also comment and record your own boos in response to our discussions! Meanwhile you can use the player below to listen through Audioboom:
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? As well as our new Stitcher and Audioboo presence you can also use one of these amazingly convenient ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast.
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes, where your reviews will help the show considerably.